January 31st, 2023
16th KASC Applicant Packet
Download our Applicant Packet for more detailed information on eligibility and how to apply for 16th KASC’s summer 2023 Delegation in Washington, D.C. and Seoul!
▶ Required Materials
- University Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation or Personal Statement (Optional)
- Application Fee: $20
▶ Application Period
- Application opens on November 1st, 2022 at 23:59 (KST) / (EST)
- Application closes on January 31st, 2023 at 23:59 (KST) / (EST)
▶ Conference Period
- Online Orientation: July 5th ~ July 7th, 2023
- In-person Conference: July 11th ~ July 29th, 2023
▶ Delegation Size
- 12 American Delegates and 12 Korean Delegates
▶ Official Language
▶ Participation Fee
- $3,500 (covers cost of international flights, accommodation during the conference, pre-arranged meals, and cultural excursions in Korea and the US)
▶ Result Announcement
- Applicants will be invited to interview or be placed on a waiting list within 2 weeks of applying;
- Applicants will receive a final decision within 2 weeks of the interview stage;
- Application will remain open until all 24 spots are filled.
▶ Contact & SNS
- Recruitment Chair: hanwooljung.KASC16@gmail.com
- Instagram: @kasc_usofficial
- Please contact us via email or Instagram if you have any further questions!
A message from the 16th Korea-America Executive Committee:
Thank you for your interest in participating as a KASC 16 Delegate!
This year, we are excited to announce that KASC 16 will be held in-person in the beautiful cities of Seoul, South Korea, and Washington DC, USA. We are seeking to recruit a delegation of 24 students to participate in this academically enriching programming and cultural exchange between our nations.
Those who are full-time undergraduate and graduate students studying in the United States and/or the Republic of Korea are eligible to apply to KASC 16. It is expected that applicants have a genuine interest in full participation of the Conference, as we will dive in-depth on various global topics, embrace cultural differences, and develop our international networks. Additionally, since the Conference will be held in English, delegates should feel comfortable using English. Above all, the 16th KASC Executive Committee is looking for responsible, passionate, and collaborative applicants to represent Korea and the USA!
Throughout the Conference, you can expect to hear from several key speakers, who are all well-respected experts in their fields. These talks, along with additional cultural activities, will provide a more diverse, intellectual Conference for delegates to learn from and draw on when discussing with their peers. At the end of the Conference, each Delegate will receive a Certificate of participation. With all of that being said, KASC is proud to offer the opportunity for participants to their improve leadership and interpersonal communication skills with peers and professionals of all different backgrounds.
We hope our delegation will make the most out of KASC 16. Until then, we will look forward to reading your applications!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about KASC 16!
The 16th KASC Executive Committee
Korean Chair: Kwon Yonguk
American Chair: Lindsay Weinmann
Korean Marketing Chair: Park Yosep
American Recruitment Chair: Han Wool Jung