Information for Applicants
JASC seeks a diverse delegation that represents a cross-section of the United States' academically accomplished student population. Full-time university students are strongly encouraged to apply. No previous experience with Asian Studies or the Japanese language is required as the Conference is conducted in English. JASC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified within two weeks of a completed application on whether they have been selected for an interview.
In order to apply for the conference students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online application
b. Fill in the forms and be sure to save your progress as you go
c. Upload required documents
i. A personal statement (300-500 words)
ii. A statement of purpose (300-500 words)
iii. Your resume
iv. (Optional) Additional Information
2. Send an official or unofficial copy of your transcript
3. OPTIONAL: Have 1 recommender submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. If we need further clarification, we will follow up via email or phone.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can uploaded onto the application form
or can be be sent:
via email to email@example.com
OR via postal mail to
International Student Conferences
1015 15th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, D.C. 20005
4. Submit a $20 application fee through our online payment site—be sure to include a note that states the donation goes towards your application fee. Refer a friend, and your application fee will be reimbursed!
To get your $20 application fee reimbursed:
i. You will still go through our payment site and pay your $20 application fee.
ii. In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org please write the name of the person
you have referred instead of "donations."
iii. You will be reimbursed $20 once your referral completes an application.
iv. The reimbursement will be sent to you via PayPal or check by ISC in April 2019.
5. After submission of your written application, the Executive Committee will notify you if you have been selected for a 15 minute video interview. At that time, you will be given a schedule to submit your time preferences. Please dress in smart casual or business casual.
Applications reviewed on rolling basis. Deadline: February 27, 2019
Conference Dates: August 1-23, 2019
Participation Fee: $3,500
If you have any questions while completing your application feel free to email email@example.com or call 202-289-9088.
To view a list of potential scholarships that may help offset this fee, click here.