Japan-America Student Conference
JASC seeks a diverse delegation that represents a cross-section of the United States' academically accomplished student population. Full-time university students are strongly encouraged to apply. No previous experience with Asian Studies or the Japanese language is required as the Conference is conducted in English. JASC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
As we near the end of application season for JASC, it has come to our attention that some applicants are experiencing some technical difficulties in regards to completing their applications.
To All Potential Applicants:
The Japan-America Student Conference Executive Committee has been notified of these issues regarding the opening of applications on our website at iscdc.org. We are deeply sorry for these issues, and would like to ask all applicants having these issues to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for alternative methods of submitting your applications. We look forward to reading them, and have a happy new year!!
Again, we apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause.
The JASC 69 American Executive Committee
In order to apply for the conference students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online application
b. Fill in the forms and be sure to save your progress as you go
c. Upload required documents
i. A personal statement
ii. A 300-500 statement of purpose
iii. A document answering 3 short answer questions
iv. Your resume
v. (Optional) Additional Information
2. Send an unofficial copy of your transcript
3. MANDATORY: Have 1 recommender submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. If we need further clarification, we will follow up via email or phone.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be sent to:
via email to email@example.com
OR International Student Conferences
1211 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 420
Washington, D.C. 20036
4. Submit a $20 application fee through our online payment site—be sure to include a note that states the donation goes towards your application fee. Refer a friend, and your application fee will be waived!
To get your fee reimbursed:
1. You will still go through our payment site and pay your $20 application fee.
2. On the comment section of the payment site, please write the name of the person you have referred instead of "donations."
3. Once we receive your information, we will reimburse your application fee. However, the person that you have referred MUST have completed their application. If he or she does not complete the application, your application fee will not be reimbursed.
4. The reimbursements will be sent to your address from part 1 of the application as a check from ISC in February of 2017
If you have any questions while completing your application feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-289-9088.
Final Deadline: December 31, 2016
Conference Dates: August 3, 2017-August 28, 2017
Participation Fee: $3,500