Information for Applicants
JASC seeks a diverse delegation that represents a cross-section of the United States' academically accomplished student population. Full-time university students are strongly encouraged to apply. No previous experience with Asian Studies or the Japanese language is required as the Conference is conducted in English. JASC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
In order to apply for the conference students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online application
b. Fill in the forms and be sure to save your progress as you go
c. Upload required documents
i. A personal statement
ii. A 300-500 statement of purpose
iii. A document answering 3 short answer questions
iv. Your resume
v. (Optional) Additional Information
2. Send an official copy of your transcript
3. OPTIONAL: Have 1-2 recommenders submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. If we need further clarification, we will follow up via email or phone.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can be sent to:
International Student Conferences
1211 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 420
Washington, D.C. 20036
OR via email to email@example.com
4. Submit a $20 application fee through our online payment site—be sure to include a note that states the donation goes towards your application fee. Refer a friend, and your application fee will be waived!
To get your fee reimbursed:
1. You will still go through our payment site and pay your $20 application fee.
2. On the comment section of the payment site, please write the name of the person you have referred instead of "donations."
3. Once we receive your information, we will reimburse your application fee. However, the person that you have referred MUST have completed their application. If he or she does not complete the application, your application fee will not be reimbursed.
4. The reimbursements will be sent to your address from part 1 of the application as a check from ISC in February of 2016
If you have any questions while completing your application feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-289-9088.
Final Deadline: December 31, 2015
Conference Dates: August 1, 2016-August 24, 2016
Participation Fee: $3,000