Information for Applicants
JASC seeks a diverse delegation that represents a cross-section of the United States' academically accomplished student population. Full-time university students are strongly encouraged to apply. No previous experience with Asian Studies or the Japanese language is required as the Conference is conducted in English. JASC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified within two weeks of a completed application on whether they have been selected for an interview.
In order to apply for the conference students must complete the following steps:
1. Complete the online application
b. Fill in the forms and be sure to save your progress as you go
c. Upload required documents
i. Personal Statement of Purpose (up to 600 words)
ii. Short Answer Questions (total up to 600 words)
v. (Optional) Additional Statement / Information
2. Send an official or unofficial copy of your transcript
3. OPTIONAL: Have 1 recommender submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. If we need further clarification, we will follow up via email or phone.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation can uploaded onto the application form or can be be sent:
via email to email@example.com
OR via postal mail to
International Student Conferences
1015 15th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, D.C. 20005
4. Submit a $20 application fee through our online payment site
5. After submission of your written application, the Executive Committee will notify you if you have been selected for a 15 minute video interview. At that time, you will be given a schedule to submit your time preferences. Please dress in smart casual or business casual.
Applications reviewed on rolling basis. Deadline: February 1, 2020
Conference Dates: July 24 -August 17, 2020
Participation Fee: $3,000
If you have any questions while completing your application feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-289-9088.
To view a list of potential scholarships that may help offset this fee, click here.